Sat, Mar 23|
St Marys, PA, USA
2024 Mountain Bucks Scouting Camp
The 3rd Annual Mountain Bucks Scouting Camp will be packed with information and real-world scouting to help you become a better big woods whitetail hunter.
Time & Location
Mar 23, 2024, 8:00 AM – Mar 24, 2024, 4:00 PM
St Marys, PA, USA
About the event
This 2-Day camp will be hosted at a beautiful Elk County, Pennsylvania lodge along the Clarion River - big woods, Appalachian Mountain country. This class will combine classroom and in-the-field scouting to help you locate more bucks and create a game plan to increase your success rate. Join Beau Martonik and other seasoned big woods hunters in an interactive event. Topics will include map reading, e-scouting, buck bedding, food source identification, seasonal scouting, trail camera strategies, wind/thermal demonstrations, creating formal plans, choosing the right tree, and much more. Our goal is to give you the knowledge, framework, and confidence to make your opportunities.
You will get your hands on gear and learn how to use it. We will have a saddle hunting set up to give a try on your own. There will be exclusive deals, free swag, and big gear giveaways available for attendees.
The last 2 camps were a huge success! The event sold out in less than 3 minutes both years. This year, we're continuing what we started with a full 2 days, 6 successful hunters speaking, more scouting, more giveaways, chef-cooked meals, new venue, and much more!
Saturday, March 23rd - 8 am-5 pm
Sunday, March 24th - 7 am-4 pm
Presenters (may change):
- Beau Martonik - host of the East Meets West Hunt podcast, has hunted the big woods his entire life in Pennsylvania while also hunting mountain whitetails in New York, Ohio, and West Virginia.
- Joe Martonik - has been successfully hunting big woods bucks for 45 years filling his buck tag almost every year in Pennsylvania since he was a kid. His specialty is the pre-rut and rut.
- Johnny Stewart - has hunted all over the US on public land with countless pope & young bucks on his wall and a specialty in late-season hunting, but is well-rounded in all areas.
- Kenny Kane - Forester and hunter. Kenny knows trees and knows them well. He can identify food sources in the big woods with ease.
- Bill Thompson - CEO and founder of Spartan Forge. Bill knows the data behind whitetail movement and has personal experience hunting the mountains to verify.
- Greg Litzinger - notorious for hunting buck bedding in the early season, Greg lives in New Jersey, and has hunted plenty of different areas finding success over the years.
- Ryan Glitzky - Pennsylvania resident, big buck killer, and scrape fanatic. Ryan specializes in hunting the pre-rut and rut with a heavy emphasis on scouting.
- Mason Martonik - has hunted all over the country for whitetails, elk, and mule deer. He has learned to be extremely efficient with limited time in the big woods with successful on big, old bucks, like no one else.
General Admission Tickets:
- Snacks, water, coffee, and lunch will be provided
- We will have a break for lunch, with lunch provided and cooked by The Hungry Huntsman himself, Gunnar Emberg, on Saturday and Sunday.
- Lodging will only be provided if you purchase the VIP option. Other lodging options will be sent out to attendees.
- Please wear rugged (hiking-type) attire. Be ready to do a fair amount of hiking in some steep terrain in inclement weather.
- Exclusive Deals, Free Swag, and Gear Giveaways
- Limited Availability
VIP Admission Tickets:
Everything that is included in the general pass PLUS:
- Staying with us in the lodge for two nights (Friday and Saturday)
- Saturday night dinner cooked and provided by the Hungry Huntsman, Gunnar Emberg
- Breakfast Saturday and Sunday provided by Gunnar
- Hang out with the presenters after hours
- Free East Meets West Nalgene bottle
- Exclusive gear giveaways
- Very Limited Availability
The exact location will be provided to attendees.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Jeff H, Pennsylvania
"I was fortunate to be part of the first Mountain Buck scouting camp. I wanted to reach out and say thank you. The camp challenged me to work harder and get out of my comfort zone. When I lost my hunting spot I had hunted my entire life. I started to utilize a lot of techniques we spoke about at the camp.
The season provided many challenges. Hard days without seeing deer. Mistakes made while learning to saddle hunt. In the end, I was able utilize the skills and technology discussed to find success.
While I would love to be at the next camp. I don’t want to take a spot from someone else and deny their chance to experience the camp. It will likely change their approach as it did mine."